Writing and Publishing Your First Blog Post with the 'U - Articles' Web App
PracticePlus allows you to create your blog posts using a web app. Please note, if your PracticePlus website was set up before 2015 you may be using the blog module to create your blog posts.
Click on the Grey Add Item button
Give the Item a name
In order to find your blog posts in the list you will need to name them.
- Add the name of your post to the Item Name field. Type the word 'BLOG:' in front of it. This is not the title, and will not show as the title of your blog post, but it will make it easier to find your blog posts later by clicking on 'B' in the alphabetical-type category.
- Make sure the Enabled check box is ticked. If you do not want your blog post to show on your website right away when you save it you can un-tick this box by clicking on it.
Fill out the Item fields
- Add the title of your blog post to the Title text field.
- Add a snippet or summary of your blog post to the Article Overview text field - this is what will be shown as a preview of the post on the main page of your U blog.
- Click on the Select Image link to choose an image from your file manager or upload a new image from your computer.
- The Image Credit text field allows you to add the image creator's name if you wish.
- Add the ID of either a Youtube or Vimeo video in the Video ID text field
- Click on the correct radio button in the Video Type field.
Add Author Information
- If this is a guest post, click on the Guest Post check box
- If you wish to have a link to a particular article following the current one, choose it from the Next Article drop-down list
- Type in the Author's name in the Author Name field.
- Add a short bio in the Author Bio section
- Add the Author's company name in the Author Company field
- Add the Author's company URL in the Author URL field
- Click on the blue Select Image link to select an existing image or upload a photo of the author from your computer
Set a Release Date
Typing Up Your Blog Post in the Item Description Box
Click on the Actions Button to Categorise Your Blog Post.
Add Your Blog Post to the Blog Category
- Scroll down the list of categories in the left-hand column until you see the U category. Just underneath this you will see the ---Blog category. Click on ---Blog so it is highlighted.
- Click on the single right-pointing arrow to move the ---Blog item across to the right-hand column.
- Click on the grey Close button to save the changes.