Web Apps: Home Page Slideshow
How to add a new slide to your home page slideshow web app, and how to edit an existing slide.
Open the Home Page Slide Show Web App
To Add a New Slide:
How to Add Details to Your New Slide
- Type a name for your slideshow item by adding it to the Item Name text field
- Click the Enabled check box to make sure slide is enabled and viewable on the front end of the site.
- Select Image - Click on the blue Select Image link to select your slide image from uploaded media. (see this step-by-step tutorial on selecting an image)
- Type the text you would like to appear on the button into the Button Text text field.
- Type or paste in the URL you would like the button to link to in the Button URL text field.
- Click the Show Button check box to enable the new slideshow web app item.
Click on the little blue arrow to reveal the More Options panel. Here you can:
- Set the Release Date for your new slide
- Set an Expiry Date for your new slide if it relates for instance to a limited time offer.
- Set the Weighting - assign a number to the slide so you can control which slide you would like to appear first. The higher the number, the higher up in the queue your slide will be placed.
Scroll down to the Item Description text field. This is where you add an explanatory sentence that will appear under the slide heading.