Web Apps: Services
How to add a new service item to your Services web app.
- Type the name of your service into the Item Name text field.
- The URL is created automatically for you when you click out of the Item Name text field.
- Enable your new service by click on the Enabled check box.
- Add an introductory paragraph in the Short Description text area. This paragraph will be displayed on the services overview page, and on the service page before the full description of your service.
- Enable the Show on Homepage check box if you would like the service to be featured on the homepage.
- Select the Supporting Image by clicking o the blue Select Image link and choosing from your uploaded media. Your supporting image should be sized to 300 x 132 pixels.
Click on the little blue arrow next to the More Options heading. You will see a new panel that allows you to:
- Set the Release Date - if you want your service to be displayed on a date in the future, click on the date/little calendar icon to bring up the date picker.
- Set the Expiry Date - If your new service will only be available for a limited time, then you can set an expiry date by clicking on the date picker.
- Set the Weighting - if you would like your new service to appear at the top or bottom of the list, you can set the weighting: a higher number means that your service will be given a higher priority and placed at/near the top of the list.
Add Item Descripton
Type a longer, more detailed description of your service in the Item Description text field.